The Child Care Committee meets the 2nd Friday of each month at the Central Regional Office. The committee is charged to:
- Ensure support and information sharing between TANF/VIEW and Child care as needed.
- Encourage joint TANF/VIEW/ESP meetings with Child Care as needed.
- Partner with others with similar goals/mission to introduce and support legislation supportive of the Child Care Program and Virginia families.
- Support line staff through education, information sharing and leadership.
- Monitor Payment Accuracy Reviews.
- Continue exchanging information discussed at monthly meetings.
- Continue to promote self-sufficiency though employment.
- Monitor and advocate for timely system changes that align with child care.
- Encourage localities to increase monitoring child care services and in providing appropriate information to consumers.
- Advise the Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Development concerning local child care worker training.
- Advocate for increased communication and process improvement with the vendors to better serve our families.
- Advocate for increased collaboration between DCSE and local agencies and encourage policy changes to help child care consumers.
(Charges updated July 2018)
You must be a registered VLSSE member in order to view this content. Please login.