The VLSSE works with affiliate social services organizations around the state to collaborate on key issues and to coordinate the delivery of social services throughout the commonwealth.
Partnership of Office Services Support Employees in Social Services (POSSSESS)
The purpose of the Partnership of Office Services Support Employees in Social Services (POSSESS) is to provide office services support personnel with a statewide organization for professional identity, professional development (education and training), networking, and advocacy. By promoting these primary objectives, POSSESS will advance office services support as a profession, improved the understanding of office support responsibilities and, ultimately enhance the quality of services to the customers of the Social Services Systems.
Virginia Alliance of Social Work Practitioners (VASWP)
- To promote and interpret, through united efforts, a sound, economical, efficient social services program, in order to render a more skillful service to the people of the State.
- To propose and support legislation, which would improve and benefit the public welfare, and social work practitioners of local Departments of Social Services.
- To promote cooperation and understanding among the local, regional, and state levels of the Department of Social Services, and public, private, and governmental organizations.
- To promote the growth and development of the Alliance and the active participation in its affairs by all members.
- To engender the highest standards for those personnel in the field of social work by:
- Providing and/or cooperating in the provision of programs for inservice education, formal training and professional development.
- Promoting personnel principals designed to enhance opportunities in the public social work field.
- Fostering professional identity.
- Providing a mechanism for support through networking and active participation in the Alliance.
Virginia Benefit Programs Organization (BPRO)
BPRO is dedicated to:
- promoting understanding, fellowship, and cooperation among Benefit Programs Specialists in Virginia.
- improving the quality of eligibility practices and the advancement of eligibility work as a profession.
- developing effective methods of interpreting our work to the public.
- helping provide skilled, family-based assistance to those who need the services we have to offer.