Professional Development Committee
Seek meaningful ways to be involved with the Virginia Department of Social Services Workforce Training and Development and Human Resources on all training for local DSS agencies.
- Collaborate with the committee working on the transition of training from VISSTA to VDSS and the implementation of training by VDSS. Monitor the progress and success of the new system.
- Monitor and provide input for the “Directors Learning Experience.”
- To pursue and collaborate on the development of management training for local DSS Directors and senior managers, to help ensure both refresher and latest information is available to local agencies to enhance performance in areas of leadership, management, human resources, budget, fiscal management and etc.
- To pursue the re-activation of the Virginia Social Services Leadership Academy to begin in 2012-2013.
- Monitor the implementation of the Benefit Program Specialist Certification and provide input and support regarding training objectives and resources as appropriate.
- Support the implementation of the TRAIN learning management system and continue collaboration on the development, marketing, and full utilization of the Knowledge Center.
- Continue to collaborate with VDSS on training needs for new initiatives such as the Children’s Services transformation, customer portal, childcare automation and the new Learning Management System.
- Collaborate with VDSS on CSA, FAPT, and CPMT training.
- Collaborate with the Adult
Services Committee to develop training for Adult Services Social Workers and
2012 Committee Reports
Committee Document Archive