The Information Technology Committee meets the second Friday of each month at 10:00 AM at the Commonwealth Enterprise Solutions Center (CESC), 11751 Meadowville Lane, Chester, VA. (804) 416-6100.
As of July, 2014, the committee is operating under the following charges:
- Actively participate in the Internal Agency Oversight Committee (IOAC) for the Enterprise Delivery System Program (EDSP), also known as Eligibility Modernization in order to:
- Advocate for successful completion of the Eligibility Modernization Projects
- Advocate for adequate funding is made available to support the projects
- Advocate for adequate resources, including local agency resources, are made available to support the projects
- Advocate for project decisions to include active, adequate input from local/end users who will use the modernized systems each day in meeting the goals of the VSSS
- Endeavor to maximize the return on investment (ROI), from a service and fiscal perspective
- Collaborate with other workgroups or committees as required or needed
(Taken from IOAC Charter)
- Promote interoperability and data sharing internally between VDSS systems as well as between VDSS and local agencies (LDSS) to minimize the need for end users to use multiple systems.
- Representing about 20% of the VITA/NG customer base, continue to monitor the VITA/NG-DSS partnership and VITA Road Map. Leverage the expertise and experience of shared support agencies to expedite timelines for hardware and software upgrades, reducing the number of upgrades processed.
- In collaboration with the Local Child Welfare Integration Committee, explore and implement strategies to create innovative and meaningful state-local partnership, including joint funding, planning and development of automated integrated systems to improve efficiency at the local level, with the focus on child welfare modernization.
- In collaboration with the Adult Services Committee, work with DARS to expedite replacement of ASAPS and establish formal end user input structures.
- Encourage implementation of local user input into the development and direction of IT: promote the use of remote participation in systems development and enhancement.
- As needed, periodically sample LDSS to gauge local needs and resources.
- Systematically review Service Requests and forward SR’s as appropriate to other VLSSE committee chairs to provide input.
- Work with VLSSE and VDSS to establish a separate state-local Information Management/Business Intelligence Work Group to help set priorities for data collection, analysis and publication.
Update March 2011:
The committee is delighted to welcome Liz Henry from Fairfax as committee co-chair. Liz is a valued addition to the committee!
You must be a registered VLSSE member in order to view this content. Please login.