Legislative Committee Charges (updated and approved July, 2016):
- To receive information on proposed or potential legislation and refer to the appropriate standing committee for timely position statement.
- To communicate with membership, legislative positions of VLSSE content committees, and to request participation by membership in support or opposition of positions.
- To educate legislators and staff about DSS-related issues, and to speak for or against specific pieces of legislation or budget issues.
- To educate VLSSE members and DSS employees about effective methods for positive legislative interactions and the importance of relationship-building with their legislators.
- To meet with legislators and other stakeholders to share information and work towards common goals.
You must be a registered VLSSE member in order to view this content. Please login.