The Virginia League of Social Service Executives (VLSSE) is a professional organization of the directors and assistant directors of local Departments of Social Services. The League seeks to inform and educate local and state officials and community partners on human service needs in local communities and the programs of the Social Services system. The League’s members are Virginia’s experts on the structure and administration of local Social Services Departments and programs.
From time to time articles and documents on issues will be posted that may be of interest or benefit to our members and community stakeholders.
- Virginia’s foster care system has needed reform for decades. Will a new effort last long enough to really make a difference?
Click on the link to read about Virginia’s foster care system and the legislative efforts toward reform.
- ‘Devastating’ state report highlights major health and safety problems in Virginia’s foster care system Dec11, 2018
Click on the article above to read about Virginia’s Foster Care system.
- After some adjustments, federal government takes over Virginia’s Medicaid work requirement application
Click on the link above to read about the status of Virginia’s Medicaid work requirement application.
- Virginia’s State Supervision and Local Administration DSS system Article
Click the link to read the article on Virginia’s State Supervision and Local Administration DSS System.
- Medicaid Expansion Article Nov 2018
Click on the link to read about the first day of Medicaid expansion.
- Emergency Shelter Handbook-2014
Click on the link to review the Emergency Shelter Handbook that was created by the Admin Committee.
- States with the Most Children in Foster Care
Virginia ranked lowest across all the states in the number of foster care children per 100,000 people in 2016.