The VLSSE promotes mutual understanding, fellowship, and cooperation between its members and affiliate organizations. It also provides an important advisory function for lawmakers, policy makers, and for the general public.
Our members have vital perspective on the needs of the vulnerable and underserved in Virginia’s communities. From time to time we express that perspective in Policy Papers and Issues Documents that promote sound progressive social planning and effective methods of delivering services to those in need.
This section of the VLSSE website features those Issues Documents for download.
- Financial Services Committee-LIS-January 2012
League position statement on Low Income Supplement – Medicaid.
- Social Worker Title Protection-January 2011
Position Paper on HB2037, Title Protection for “Social Worker”
- Child Care-Fee Child Care-October 2010
Position Paper on proposed regulatory changes involving the fee child care program.
- Financial Services-VDSS and DMAS-July 2010
Joint Issue Document with VA Department of Social Services and Department of Medical Assistance Services on the future of Virginia’s Medicaid program.
- Technology-Content Management-July 2010
Position Paper on the state’s Enterprise Delivery System project.
- Financial Services-Governor’s Commission-June 2010
Issues Document discussing the Health Reform Initiative and its effect on the Medicaid program.
- Child and Family Services-Child Welfare-January 2010
Issue Document discussing Virginia’s child welfare programs.