Our Mission, Vision, Values, and Commitments
- Support local agency leadership.
- Advocate for our agencies, our staff, and the people we serve.
- Collaborate with state partners and other stakeholders to shape service delivery and guide public policy.
- Be the recognized leader in the evolution of public human service delivery in Virginia.
Our Core Values:
- Collaboration: Work together and share information to build on our collective strengths.
- Integrity: Conduct ourselves professionally in all situations; our actions guided by ethics, honesty and accountability.
- Advocacy: Speak up to influence the decisions related to the delivery of services – commit to a purpose and follow through.
- Innovation: Seek new cutting edge technologies and practices while remaining flexible and adaptable in a changing regulatory environment.
- Leadership: Create vision, inspire others, and advance the priorities and mission of the organization.
We committed to the following:
- Acting with integrity in all relationships.
- Being honest, trustworthy and act in a manner that reflects the core values of the League and our own local agency, both at work and in public.
- Being knowledgeable of best practices and committed to continuous improvement.
- Collaborating with each other, local, state and other partners and with those we serve.
- Serving in a leadership role in our communities and advocate for what is needed.
- Promoting an ethical, transparent and mutually accountable membership; holding ourselves accountable to the League’s Mission and Core Values.
- Having the courage to do what is right.